2015-01-29 00:00:00 +0000

Trying out Codeship

Stumbled across Codeship and decided to give it a shot. Works a little similar to deploying to Heroku which I’m already doing, so it wasn’t too bad to figure out.


2014-06-24 00:00:00 +0000

npm Error - " glob error { [Error: EMFILE, readdir ... "

2013-06-24 00:00:00 +0000

mysql.h is missing. please check your installation of mysql and try again.

Ugh, this is a bear, but after many empty Googled alleyways, I stumbled on this post that fixed the issue… She can explain better- http://www.randomactsofsentience.com/2013/05/gem-install-mysql2-missing-mysqlh-on-os.html


2011-06-15 00:00:00 +0000

C99 Mode - Whatever that is...

So, I’ve never dabbled in C until now while using it with AVR microcontrollers - and while trying to complie a simple for loop:


2011-05-10 00:00:00 +0000

8-Bit Sine Wave Table

This was what I needed for a rainbow RGB LED cycle…


2011-05-04 00:00:00 +0000

ATtiny software PWM to drive RGB LED

Based on Atmel’s AVR136: Low-Jitter Multi-Channel Software PWM Application note, here’s a 3 channel software-based pulse width modulator to drive a RGB LED. This is a proof of concept and currently there is some in-efficient color cycling code in there, but the goal is to drive these cheap chips using an I2C (two wire serial) bus. Disco dance floor anyone?…


2011-05-03 00:00:00 +0000

AVR Dragon / avrdude command to reset bad ATtiny85 fuses

avrdude -c dragon_hvsp -p attiny85 -U lfuse:w:0x62:m -U hfuse:w:0xdf:m -U efuse:w:0xff:m -P usb

2011-04-26 00:00:00 +0000

AVR ATTiny85 Makefile

This is what I’m using as a Makefile - based on what was included in a downloaded XCode template project - Can’t remember where I downloaded the starting point, but thanks…


2011-04-08 00:00:00 +0000

Arduino / AVR ATTiny

Starting to play around with Arduino and straight-up AVR ATTiny microprocessors… Here are some resources I’ve found helpful so far:


2010-05-20 00:00:00 +0000

Facebook OAuth with Sinatra

This MOSTLY is working, so, here’s what I found when trying to connect to Facebook with OAuth. It needs some serious refactoring because a lot of this was done in an “investigative” trial and error way. It also looks like Facebook have improved their docs on this since I was first looking at them…